EACreator.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EACreator.com Forum

EA Creator - Automate your forex strategies without programming www.EACreator.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

BreakEvenPips

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BreakEvenPips Empty BreakEvenPips Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:48 pm

old_forum_question

If I set the BreakEvenPips less than 5, the EA will give continuously error message :
"BreakEvenPct and BreakEvenPips is not set! Set at least one of them" (trace level should have a value of 2) and will not work... Sad

As I tried with 3 brokers (2 of them for sure have no such a limitations: FXCM active trader account and FXOpen active trader account), it should be a bug in your system . If not please let me know how can be made to work with values less than 5. Rolling Eyes

Thnx in advance !

2BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 pm

old_forum_answer

old_forum_question wrote:If I set the BreakEvenPips less than 5, the EA will give continuously error message :
"BreakEvenPct and BreakEvenPips is not set! Set at least one of them" (trace level should have a value of 2) and will not work... Sad

As I tried with 3 brokers (2 of them for sure have no such a limitations: FXCM active trader account and FXOpen active trader account), it should be a bug in your system . If not please let me know how can be made to work with values less than 5. Rolling Eyes

Thnx in advance !

Did you set EA inputs "MinSL" to smaller size? This is minimal stop loss, with default value of 6 pips, so EA will not place stop loss closer to price than size, which you set in this EA input.

3BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm

old_forum_question

The MinSL is set for 1. But I missed to let you know an important fact, the phenomenon is present during strategy testing....

4BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm

old_forum_question

I have tried on demo accounts. On FxPro the break even does not works, on FxOpen (active trader account) works. On both the MinSL was set for 1 pip.On FxPro is known that the stop should be 5 pips from the market, but my position had +11 pips and the stop still was not moved to the break even....which was set for 2 pips.....Please advise

5BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:52 pm

old_forum_answer

old_forum_question wrote:I have tried on demo accounts. On FxPro the break even does not works, on FxOpen (active trader account) works. On both the MinSL was set for 1 pip.On FxPro is known that the stop should be 5 pips from the market, but my position had +11 pips and the stop still was not moved to the break even....which was set for 2 pips.....Please advise

Do you see any related broker messages in the journal, when SL should be moved to break even? Do see "BreakEvenPct and BreakEvenPips is not set! Set at least one of them" only on FxPro?

6BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08 pm

bency888

Hi, I'm newbie in forex... My friend told me about GDMFX.. Any other brokers u guys can suggest to me? I need more info before I start to invest. Thank you

7BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:04 pm

ivan2125

Hi Bency, I heard bout GDMFX in many forums, seems like forex investment is their expertise.

8BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:54 pm

bency888

I have very little knowledge about forex and since my friend mentioned to me about GDMFX, I thought to give it a try. Heard they are using MT4 platform, wonder if it is reliable? Appreciated if you can give me some guides..

9BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:58 pm

ivan2125

MT4 is a well recognized trading platform which widely used by many traders nowadays as well as brokerage companies, banks and financial companies. This is the reason why GDMFX select MT4 as their trading platform.

10BreakEvenPips Empty Re: BreakEvenPips Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

bency888

Thanks for the info.. Any other broker to introduce if I want to invest besides GDMFX?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum